‘We won’t accept third COVID-19 case announced by NCDC’ – Kogi Govt

Africa Press-Nigeria:

The Kogi state government has rejected the report announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) claiming that the state recorded the third COVID-19 case on Wednesday.

Recall that the NCDC on Wednesday night announced that the state had recorded another case, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to three.

But in a post on his Facebook account on Thursday, the state Commissioner for Health, Saka Haruna, denied the results announced by the health agency. He said no sample was sent to NCDC from the state that could warrant a third case.

He wondered where did the NCDC get the results it announced, adding that the state government has no information about the new case.

He posted, “The purported New Case: We are not aware of who the patient is, where and when the Test was conducted! No sample sent from KG.”

POLITICS NIGERIA had reported that the North Central state had recorded its first two cases of COVID-19 cases last week Wednesday. The result was also rejected by the state government.

However, Governor Yahaya Bello declared a two-week lockdown in Kabba and Bunu in Kabba Local Government Area of the state to allow for contact tracing.

The governor said the government had to restrict movement in the area as a proactive step in order to curb the spread of the dreaded virus.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here